Mackay Show Countdown
16th, 17th, 18th June 2020
Pavilions bring community to show
THURSDAY, June 16, 2016: THERE are the fast rides, the fairy floss, the woodchop and the equestrian, the showbags and the pig races.
But at the heart of every regional show is a community; a community which pours its heart and soul into the pavilions and arts and crafts displays.
Whether it be the preppies baking section, the primary school handwriting, amateur photography, best homegrown veges, your grandmother’s bread recipe, a most extraordinary orchid or the plumpest ploomiest chook – there is something quite wonderful about our pavilions and the displays therein.
This is where community meets the nostalgia and tradition of our local event. It’s where the moistness of a chocolate cake is marvelled over. It’s where the daintiest of cross stiches and the vigour and colour of a child’s work of art can be really appreciated and pegged up against healthy competition.
Mackay Show’s pavilion displays will be showcased as follows:
– P1 Pavilion: Rod and Custom Display | Poultry Display | Dogs (Thursday only)
– P2 Pavilion: Mackay Regional Council Display | Horticulture Display
– P3 Pavilion: Arts and Crafts Display including Photography, Cooking and Children’s Craft
– P4 Pavilion: Sugar Cane Display
– 500 Pavilion: Upper Level: Art on Show Exhibition and Demonstrations | Ground Level: Fashion on Show Parades, Demonstrations and Entertainment